Changing World Education Horizon

  FAQ    Why New Zealand |  Why Study in NZ |  List of Universities |  Employments  

Q. What are the Accommodation Arrangements?
A.  The institution guarantees accommodation for 2 weeks by when the student can decide on what type of accommodation he is looking for, Based on his budget. Most educational institutions in New Zealand will assist you in finding accommodation while studying in New Zealand. There are various types of accommodation which are available to international students. These are like Halls of residence / Students Hostel, Homestay, Apartments / Flats. All students on finalising institution, should refer to its website for Accommodation arrangements. Students can choose from Halls of Residence, Students Hostels, Dormitories, Homestay private apartments and flats.

Q. I have got a student visa and my spouse wants to accompany me to New Zealand. Can he / she apply for a work visa?
A. Your spouse can apply for a work visa only if you are doing a post graduate course in NZ or you are studying a course towards qualifications in Long term Skill Shortage List.
Q. Can I work while studying?
A.  Students undertaking a full time diploma or degree course  of minimum 2 years and students undertaking a full-time course of study that would attract points under the General Skills category of Residence policy, may be allowed to work up to 20 hours per week. To do this you must request a 'Variation of Conditions' to your study permit after beginning the course of study. No application form or fee is required for this Variation of Conditions. If your student permit is for more than 12 months you may apply for a Variation of Conditions to work over the Christmas and New Year Holidays. No offer of employment is required. You will need to pay a Variation of Conditions fee. If you have completed a polytechnic or university qualification that has a minimum completion time of three years, you may apply for a work permit that allows you to work up to a maximum of two years. An offer of employment relevant to your qualifications is required. Further information on student visa applications can be obtained from the New Zealand Immigration website:
Q. When will I get my 6 month job search work permit?
A. You are eligible to apply for 6 month job search work permit within 3 months of the date of completion of your course in NZ that gets points under Skilled Migrant Category.
Q. When would be my next visa status after job search visa?
A. If you get job offer in your relevant area of study then your visa status could be converted to Work Permit or Permanent Residency on your Eligibility based on the Skilled Migrant Category at that time.
Employment in New Zealand